Pages

Monday, October 28, 2002

Bob Kunz writes in reaction to the Bob Jones University story I posted on October 21, "Hey, I'd rather be confronted with Michelle's judgmental attitude than the implied subjectivist ("well, that may be truth for you, but this is truth for me" - "why can't we all just get along?") alternative."

Gee, if that's what I implied, I didn't mean to. Guess I should have qualified myself by writing "I do, however, believe that there is truth, and Michelle is far from having any clear grasp of it." My main point, however, was to show how problematic fundamentalist Christian theology tends to be in that it recklessly encourages judgment on another person's salvation. Yes, the only way to Heaven and God is through Jesus, but it is not for us to judge, for we are not God, whether a person who has not fully accepted Christ is eternally damned to Hell. Remember, with God, all things are possible.

No comments: