Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2003

Christmas Gift Suggestions

This year, I was thinking of giving books to my associates at work who are all Protestant. One book I was thinking of giving is "Witness to Hope: The Biography of Pope John Paul II" by George Weigel. Other books I've considered include "The New Faithful: Why Young Adults are Embracing Christian Orthodoxy" and "Open Embrace: A Protestant Couple Rethinks Contraception."

Since none of my associates are at a place in their faith journey that they would consider looking at or reading a book that challenges their underlying Protestant beliefs (e.g., sola scriptura) I'm a little hesitant to give anything dealing in straight, no nonsense Catholic apologetics. So if you have any books to suggest, please avoid passing along any titles that read something along the lines of "Evangelicalism is not Enough" or "Attacks on Catholicism by 'Bible Believing' Fundamentalists."

No comments: