Pages

Friday, March 26, 2004

Newbie Lawyer Stuff

As a relatively new lawyer, licensed for two years and out of law school for two and a half, I had my first experience yesterday with The Barristers, a group of "young" attorneys that just about every county bar association in the State of California has. Now even though I'm located in San Francisco County (which basically only comprises of the City of San Francisco), I've chosen to be a member of the San Mateo County Bar Association simply because it doesn't seem to be as hellbent as the San Francisco Bar on promoting disordered lifestyles and attacking the Boy Scouts.

Anyway, The Barristers "Meet & Greet" I went to included a tour of the County Court House and meeting a few of the staff and judges. As far as state courthouses go, San Mateo County Superior seemed pretty nice, although I did find it interesting that the most aesthetically pleasing floor in the building happened to be where the District Attorney's office was located. And in case you're wondering, no I didn't see Scott Peterson.

All in all, The San Mateo County Barristers seem like a pretty cool bunch. Somewhat noteworthy about the meeting I went to, however, is that there seemed to be an inordinate number of women in attendance. In fact, except for the president, all of the officers of this local group are women. The possibilities for personal social prosperity are looking pret-tee good. Now if I can just tell how many of these ladies are single and Catholic...

No comments: