Pages

Thursday, September 02, 2004

Could the Radical Left Be Any More Shrill?

Sometimes it's just really hard to see these folks as fellow human beings. From outside the GOP Convention in New York:

A featured performer at a National Organization for Women rally accused President Bush of having "savagely raped " women "over and over" by allegedly stealing the 2000 presidential election.

Poet Molly Birnbaum read aloud to a crowd of feminists gathered in New York's Central Park on Wednesday night, as part of a NOW event dubbed "Code Red: Stop the Bush Agenda Rally."

"Imagine a way to erase that night four years ago when you (President Bush) savagely raped every pandemic woman over and over with each vote you got, a thrust with each state you stole," Birnbaum said from the podium. (If something is pandemic, it affects many people or a number of countries.)

"A smack with each bill you passed, a tear with each right you took until you left me disenfranchised with hands shackled and voice restrained. Thanks for that night, Mr. President, I can barely remember my tomorrows," Birnbaum said to applause.

(...)

Another poet, Stacey Ann Chin, declared from the podium that men have no right to tell women not to have an abortion.

Men will not decide "if I am allowed to eject something from my womb. Be it rape or error, it has always been my right, always been my body to do with as I choose," Chin screamed to cheers. Chin said she wants her message to be so powerful that Bush will cower in fear."

I want to be that voice that makes George Bush so scared he hires two butch black bodyguards. I want to write the poem that the New York Times will not print because it might start some kind of black or lesbian or even a white revolution," Chin said.

No comments: