Pages

Tuesday, June 18, 2002

Epiphany: There have been many occasions where I have thought about stealing from somebody. I don't know where these thoughts come from or why I have them. However, because I realize that stealing is intrinsically wrong, I refrain from doing it. But does the fact that I have the desire to steal make me a thief? No, because I have not stolen anything. Should my desire to steal alone afford me the legal status of a thief? Hardly. Should thieves, as a "class", be given the same civil protections that racial minorities like blacks and asians enjoy? That's just plain stupid. By way of analogy, then, why are individuals who tragically experience homosexual desires (but by God's grace do not act upon them) classified as "gay", and why should individuals who choose to practice homosexuality be given the same legal protections as racial minorities (who do not choose their ethnicity)? Hmmm...

No comments: